The Emerging Pandemic Intercultural Work Environment: A Panel Presentation and Discussion
Time & Location
About the Event
The sudden shift to an online platform in a number of intercultural contexts was done quickly, and without the luxury of careful planning and phasing in. How has this affected intercultural practitioners? Hear from an educator, a trainer and a researcher about how the pandemic has impacted their work, and what adaptations they have made as a result. A discussion will follow to allow participants to share their own experiences and learn from others.
By participating in this session you will:
- Learn how the pandemic has affected other intercultural practitioners
- Gain tips to increase intercultural engagement in an online platform
- Learn strategies for developing and maintaining relationships, and fostering empathy in the challenging online environment
- Learn some best practices for shifting from the face to face to the online teaching & learning environment
- Have a chance to discuss with other professionals some of the challenges of moving to an online platform
- Learn how intercultural strategies can be transferred from a f2f to an online environment
- Learn how to maintain an intercultural focus (both in learning outcomes and pedagogy) when moving to the online environment
- Learn strategies to overcome some of the challenges presented by the online learning environment, such as experiential learning, interactive activities, gauging or assessing transformative learning, etc.
Moderator: Heather Tobe
Educator – Dr. Margaret Hearnden
Trainer/Consultant – Dr. Kyra Garson
Researcher - Dr. Zhenyi Li
Please note that space is limited. Registrations accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.